Christian's Beach Is Now Closed

Please visit The Seashore of Remembrance if you would like to place an order for an artwork.

Monday, December 15, 2008

Zachary William Palmer


Zachary William Palmer

He died March 3rd 2000

Washington state


Gone from my sight

I am standing upon the seashore. Before me, a ship spreads white sails to the ocean.

An object of beauty and strength.

I stand and watch until at length the ship hangs like a speck of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then someone at my side says: “He is gone!”

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. The diminished size of the ship is only my perception.

And just at the moment when someone at my side says: “He is gone! He is gone!”

There are other eyes watching the ship come nearer, other voices ready to take up the glad shout:

“Here he comes! Here he comes!”

And that is death.

-Henry Vandyke-


0 Send Your Love Here: